Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani and Nita Ambani‘s daughter, Isha Ambani is engaged to Anand Piramal, son of Ajay Piramal, leader of the Piramal Group. Anand proposed to his long-time friend Isha over a weekend at a temple in Mahabaleshwar.
The couple then celebrated the occasion with their parents and other family members, including Isha’s brothers Akash and Anant. Isha and Anand are expected to tie the knot in India later this year.
We’re all well aware of Isha Ambani’s accolades and how she launched AJIO, an online fashion retailer and was also responsible for the launch of Jio’s 4G services. But there’s not quite much that we know about her would-be-husband, Anand Piramal.
Hence, let’s delve into some interesting and unknown facts about ‘Anand Piramal’, the would-be son-in-law of the Ambanis.
1. Anand holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania and a Masters in Business Administration degree from Harvard Business School. He was previously the youngest President of the Indian Merchant Chamber – Youth Wing.
2. He founded two startups after passing out of business school. The first was a healthcare startup, Piramal eSwasthya, and his second venture was Piramal Realty. Both are now part of the family-run conglomerate, Piramal Enterprises.
3. Anand is currently the MD of Piramal Enterprises, a global business conglomerate which is valued at a whopping $4 Billion!
4. Anand Piramal had recently credited Mukesh Ambani for motivating him to become a successful entrepreneur that he is today.
5. Earlier this year, Anand was awarded the ‘Hurun Real Estate Unicorn of the Year 2017’ by Hurun India and Young Business Leader award by Hello! magazine.
Now we know that the soon-to-be son-in-law of the Ambanis is clearly not an ordinary man. While on one hand where Isha’s beau, Anand is such a successful entrepreneur; the soon-to-be-bride and Ambanis darling daughter, on the other hand, is on the Boards of Reliance Jio and Reliance Retail.